Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Rolodex Card A Day 324

I thought since Thanksgiving is a week away I would do some thankful cards.  Todays I am thankful for an educations. School wasn't easy for me and my dad was most surprised that out of his three children that I was the one who earned masters degree. He was always helpful, supportive and encouraged me to just try and keep trying.  Thank you Dad!
The card started with this great picture from an old book.  The young man is trying to read and has to tune out everything to study. I struggle on many occasions but am so thankful that I was able to earn my degrees and work in a field that I truly loved.
I wrote, " I am thankful for my education and my struggles."  The struggles made me a better teacher and more understanding.  The struggles also made me appreciate my accomplishments.
Here is the process video.

Thanks for stopping and I hope you find many things to be thankful for today! 

2 comments:

Dawnll said...

Yes we never realize till we are beyond the time how much it shaped us. What a great reminder and wonderful idea to share this week.

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant Linda I love your story and to be able to tie it in with this image and wording is awesome.
hugs
lorraine x