Pages

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Gift for My Neighbor


Happy Christmas Eve!
Have you every heard of Amish Friendship Bread? Well I was given some starter that I took care of for 10 days. During that time I thought the bread would be a great gift to give to my two neighbors. So that is what I did. I made the bread in some of those 50 cent Michael's ceramic pans. Next I copied the recipe off the internet. You can find it at The Happy Zombie. Then I made containers/envelopes for the starter. I also gave them some of my home made peanut brittle. I did a video on how to make that last year. Did any of you try it?
Anyway here is a video showing the way I wrapped Amish Friendship Bread.




Thanks for stopping,

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeee Amish Friendship bread!! I did that last year with a few friends at work!! Merry Christmas! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Sharon said...

What a wonderful idea! I bet they really appreciated your gift made with "love"!!!

June Houck said...

This is the best gift! I love the way you decorated the folder and that cute pan from Michael's. I used to make this years ago and I added tons of cinnamon (my dh & I can never get enough cinnamon!) It was his favorite bread too. But now we are both gluten sensitive and I also have a fructose sensitivity...no more friendship bread :( I can only use stevia or xylitol. I love the xylitol; it is a great sugar substitute!

I can't believe it is Christmas eve already. I hope you have a wonderful holiday!!!

Kate said...

You are so creative my friend. Love it. I've never had that kind of bread before. That must taste so YUMMY.

Hugs,
Kate

Audrey Frelx said...

Your neighbors must have loved the gift. One of my neighbors makes friendship bread every year and sends me over a loaf. I can't wait to get it because I loooove it!!! Wish I could make it but I can't and I don't think I'd have the patience to wait days to prepare it! LOL!