Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Stamp Scrap Doodle Saturday and DT call

It is Saturday and time for a Stamp, Scrap and Doodle Challenge. This week our challenge it to use Polka Dots and stripes. 

Before I get to the challenge I wanted to tell you all that Regina has put out a DT call. You can read all about it here.

I wanted to use Stampin' Royalty colors so I had to make my own polka dots and stripes.
I also paired my card up with this weeks My Creative Time challenge. Emma's challenge was to use the "Just Because" cartridge and to stamp a sentiment.
Now I have two pictures of my card one taken in natural sunlight coming through the window. The second one was in my light box.


I guess the light box shows the colors and details better on this card. My dear, sweet, helpful friend LeAnne showed me how she lights her cards and I think the change I made is helping. Thanks LeAnne!

The sentiment is part of a set called Bug of Fun from the Angel Company. 
The color are:

The sentiment was stamped on a label I cut from "Just Because."  The ribbon and card stock are from SU.


We had 122 people join the challenge with their wonderful cards last week. I am so inspired by all their creations, and I'm still working on leaving comments.


Join us at SSDS this week and get inspired with polka dots and stripes.

Tootles,



12 comments:

Angi Barrs said...

This is so adorable Linda. Love your bicycle. :)

VICTORIA said...

Wow Linda I love this card. You did a great job on it. Hugs Victoria

LeAnne said...

Well, first, let me say the card is ADORABLE. Second, I love your little red bicycle. I want one just like it. And third, your light box works great! I think the second picture definitely looks more realistic. Can't wait to see more pix in the future! Glad it was helpful...you should really thank Arielle, though. It was all her idea.

Vicky said...

great card I love the polka dots
I am a fanatic about making sure I have the perfect lighting.
I like the colors you picked
Thanks for sharing
Vicky

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super cute! Great colors!

Nance Leedy said...

What a fun and fabulous card! Love all the polka dots and your bicycle is wonderful! Thanks for stopping by my blog during The Paper Players blog hop!

girlia said...

adorable card

tt.scraps said...

I'm your newest follower!! :) Thanks for the kind words on my blog! :)

Hands On said...

Love these polka dots. And that bicycle is fantastic. Love your card. So glad you played with us this week @ Stampin' Royalty.

savvy teaching tips said...

Wow - this card is adorable. Great job with the challenge colours. Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Stampin' Royalty.

Unknown said...

What a great card for a boy!!! I totally struggle with those. I looooove the polka dots :)

LORi said...

Really Like this!!!!