Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

Squigglefly Challenge

Squigglefly is having an "anything goes" challenge with one condition - you have to send your card or project to someone. You just need to use one of their images. They even have free ones to try. Squigglefly has so many different artists you are sure to find an image you want. If your card is picked you will win an image and a set of Holly's beautiful handmade crochet snowflakes.
So here is my card and it is going to my father-in-law who is in the hospital. The inside says "It could be worst, It could be snowing!"

He is 94 and is having trouble with fluid on his lungs. He has been in the hospital for a week now. They are not sure why they keep filling up and what they need to do about it. Please keep him and my mother in law in your payers. She has come down with bronchitis. They haven't been apart this long since he was in Korea.

I love this image. He would cheer anyone up, don't you think? Be sure to head over to Squigglefly and see all the adorable digis.

I used the sketch from Diva Coffee Break Challenge #201 for this week.

Thanks for stopping,

10 comments:

Holly Young said...

Linda, I'm so happy you played in the challenge. Your card is just adorable and I love your sentiment although if it were snowing I'd be thrilled! LOL!
I really like the snowflakes you added around the snowman and your little snowflake tag is so cute!

Andrea6760 said...

Linda, What an adorable card!! Thank you so much for sharing the story of your in-laws and how close they have been all of these years.

I will be keeping both of them and you in my prayers during this difficult time.

I not only love the image and think he will surely bring a smile to your Father-In-Law, but the sentiment actually made me laugh out loud since I HATE snow!!! The only time snow is good is when I can stay home with everything I need, in my slippers and jammies and can color and make cards!

Wishing you and your family the best!

*Hugs*
~Andrea

Patty said...

What a beautiful card! Hope your in-laws are feeling better real soon! The inside message is perfect :)

Anonymous said...

Linda, this is soo pretty!! Love that darling snowman and your pretty colors and sparkle!! HUGS

Patricia St Martin said...

Thanks for doing Squigglefly challenge. You did a wonderful card. love the snow man.

Yukkie Jenny said...

Very nice card! Image is really funny.

Wish lots of health and luck to your father and mother in law.

Unknown said...

This is totally adorable! It really brought a smile to my face :)

Jennifer Scull said...

I absolutely love your card! I, for one, happen to love the snow, but appreciate that so many don't.... it made me giggle anyhow. I know it will most certainly bring a smile to your FIL. will be saying lots of prayers for him and his health.

thank you for playing along in the SF challenge! :)

Kristin Moore said...

What a cute image! And fabulous coloring too. Great job! Thanks for playing along with the Diva sketch challenge!

Tammy Fite said...

What a cute snowman!! Love him! Thanks for playing along with the Divas!!