Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

By LORi Design Macie

I have be having fun this week making lots of cards. I am really making an effort to use what I have before I buy any more. I bought the stamp I used for this card months ago but just haven't had a chance to use it. This is one of Lori Boyd's Sugar Sticks stamps. This is Macie.

She is a special issue digi that is available for a donation of $5.00 to benefit children with Epilepsy and Glut1. You can get her here.
I bought Macie after a 21 year old, young man, that was a neighbor of mine, die as a result of an epileptic seizure. His sister died the same way when she was just 18. It just doesn't seem like young people should die like this in this day and age.

Here is my card.
I thought Macie would enjoy playing in some pretty fall leaves. I cut the leaves with my Cricut and I highlighted them with Copic markers. I stamped the base card with a maple leaf stamp from River City Rubber Works. I may have gotten a little carried away with the leaves but I was having fun playing with the leaves.
This is a side view so you can see the pretty liner I put inside this card.


You can see more of Lori's wonderful stamps at Lollipops and Sugar Sticks.

Thanks for stopping,

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a pretty card!! It's always fun to play in the leaves!! :)

Glora said...

This is SO cute. I love the leaves and the way you colored her.

Valerie said...

What a darling card, love those leaves:)

2amscrapper said...

What a wonderful card for such a special reason!